Saturday, February 16, 2013

#Nerdproblems

Warning: this post is about a total #nerdproblem.

I missed seeing Ludovico Einaudi in Milan by 3 days. He's my favorite pianist for those of you who are unfamiliar. I'm such an airhead I had looked up his tour dates before I even came to Italy and was really excited that he would be in Milan. I didn't buy a ticket and completely forgot about it until yesterday... 3 days after he performed in Milan. 

He was performing still though tonight in Ancona, which is just about a 3 hour train ride away from Milan, so I was like heck I'll just travel there to see him and call it my birthday present to myself (my birthday is Tuesday weee) since seeing him live is on my bucket list, and when is the next time I'll be in Italy? So I looked up a train and found a hostel and found the Ticketone place to buy the ticket with a little help from ESN folks. 

It was closing in 8 minutes so I started running there, then decided I wouldn't make it so I went to the next closest one to where I was. He told me I was too late to buy one. Safe to say I was pretty upset. 

Then on the train home, there were two boys playing music on the metro. People are always playing music and doing other various things to earn money on the metro at rush hour on my way home, and I usually never think twice about them. These boys were playing the accordion and the violin and it was actually very good. Somehow that made it a little better, that although I didn't get tickets to see Ludovico Einaudi, there is still beautiful music all around. 

Someone posted this really beautiful video about Milan for those of you interested in seeing a lot of the different sights of Milano. 



Also this morning I woke up thinking in Italian, so maybe that's a sign that I'm getting better! Which makes me a little bit closer to checking off speaking fluent Italian on my bucket list. I also got to go to Venice Carnevale last weekend which was a major to do on my bucket list, so I guess you're not meant to check that many things off in one week.

Don't forget to read my latest article for MOVE about my wonderful experience at La Tana del Lupo. You can check my Facebook or Instagram @holyguacamollie for more pictures of Carnevale and the snow!

Hope everyone is well! Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment