Wednesday, February 6, 2013

From CoMo to Como

So I missed my first class. Oops. But I have gotten back on the track, so all is well!

Well this weekend was very event filled. On Friday after class I went to the exhibit "On Space Time Foam" that is temporarily in Milan (well it was, it left on Feb. 3) at Hangar Bicocca. It was completely free thanks to ESN.


It was really strange to be up there on the bottom level because I felt like I was in a zoo with everyone looking up at me and getting excited when I crawled around instead of just lying there. I guess that must be what the tigers feel like so I amused the viewers by crawling around and making faces at them. I was just glad that I didn't wear a skirt or a dress like I usually do, because that would have been... interesting. I got a video of some other people crawling around, but you couldn't bring your camera in there because that wasn't part of the art. The artist apparently had been there the day before and he wants to build islands like this where people can live. I'm sure some people would be into it, but not me. It was a fun experience, but I don't think I could live like that!


There was also a really cool permanent exhibit called The Seven Temples to God.  

On Friday I also went to this gigantic club called Alcatraz. International Week allows ERASMUS students to get into clubs every night for free or 10 euro for two drinks. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Saturday was a tour of the city with ESN. We ate this delicious stuff called panzarotti from Luini a famous restaurant by the Duomo. There was also this sweet gelato place there, am definitely going to have to go back and check it out.




The church right where The Last Supper is, we didn't get to see the painting, though.

I took a trip to Lake Como on Sunday. The town was very beautiful and you can read about some of the adventures that happened in my next column for MOVE coming out Friday. From CoMo to Como, I thought it was pretty clever.










Everyone keeps asking me if the food is to die for so this is my big answer, YES. I think I am turning into a wine glass full of pizza. Even the pasta that we made from ingredients from the supermarket was better than any I had ever had, and that is only props to the ingredients because I can hardly even make a frozen pizza. I also found some Mexican restaurants on Foursquare so I think I am going to try to get some people together to go for my birthday in a couple weeks.

My regular classes started on Monday, so I haven't been to all of them yet. They all seem pretty interesting. Except for the design class... all we did was look at before and after pictures of different label designs for products. But I am really excited for the Publishing, Publicity and Cultural Journalism class to start, it sounds very interesting.

So far my two favorite things in Italy are aperitivo (you pay for a drink and then get to eat at a buffet for free filled with delicious pasta, bruschetta, and other amazing appetizer type food) and SHOES.


My first pair. Made in Italy! 

Well I suppose I should do some actual studying so I can go to aperitivo tonight at Old Fashion. It's America night! It's safe to say my outfit is ridiculous... 


Reppin' Missourah, Americuh.

Ciao for now!

6 comments:

  1. looks beautiful!!Love seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew it was America night, I totally would've bought an American flag tshirt!
    Also cool blog dude :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of this was "I thought it was pretty clever". Sounds like wonderful adventures and tales that I can't wait to hear more. Don't turn into a wine glass full of pizza though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I thought it was pretty clever" which means it is pretty clever. :P

      Delete
    2. Although it is actually a pretty obvious comparison. So maybe it's just very coincidental and funny.

      Delete