Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life in Italy post-classes (read: I'm an intern!)

Well! It has been quite a long long time since I have updated my blog. Sorry to those of you who actually read this (hi, Mom).  I did have some articles though for MOVE between my last blogs so you might be somewhat aware of what's goin' on like Donkey Kong.

As many of you might know, I am STILL in Milan even though I was supposed to come home May 12 because I accepted an internship at Neri Pozza Editore, a publishing house, here in Milano! I have already started it a couple weeks ago and I love it! I read a lot of books in English and write book reports and make suggestions on whether I think it was good or not. I have also been working on translating some material from Italian to English to pitch Italian authors to English-speaking publishing houses in the USA, UK & Australia. So that's pretty cool! The colleagues are great & we drink a lot of coffee. (Random fact: they DELIVER coffee here, like little shots of espresso or cappuccinos to our office sometimes! Bars here are cool.)

The office is right in Brera, which is a super cool area of Milan with lots of little cafes so I have been exploring on my lunch breaks and stuff. I have been working from 9:30-6:30 which is good for me because I like getting up late.

Lots has happened since Spring break, I went to Tuscany to visit Madeline in Terriciola and we went to Volterra, I went to DUBLIN!!!, then was the big family week in Europe where we went to Barcelona, then on a cruise to Marseilles, Genova, Naples, Messina, Tunis and then we went to Venice! Then finals week and then last weekend I went to Cinque Terre so I have been pretty busy! I'm thinking about making individual blog posts for some of the main events so stay on the lookout! Tomorrow I am going to Rome with Momo and then next weekend is SCOTLAND!!!!! Then one more week and I'm home June 12 which I can't wait to see all my lovely friends and family and mexican foods that I miss so much.

Anywho, forgive me for forgetting about you guys for a hot minute, but I hope to have some good stories up for you soon!


Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment